Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I’m Good At - June Rivers



I’m good at a lot of things. To be exact I’m good at playing basketball, football, cooking , organizing stuff . Those are my hobbies I do on a daily basis. I can also sing and somewhat rap. I really keep those talents on the low though.

I started getting into music when I was about 10 when I used to go to the studio with my uncle in L.A. He taught me the basics of rapping and I realized that it wasn’t that hard to learn. So from that point he’s been teaching me how to rap. Later on, he overheard me singing to myself in the car and made me sing out loud in the t studio. He told me I had a good voice and was really talented because I can easily switch up. I used to always sing and rap out loud in L.A, but since I moved out here I changed up and really don’t do that anymore in the open. But soon I plan to come out that shell.

I’ve been playing basketball practically all my life basically. I started actually playing in the streets when I was about 5 and didn’t play organized basketball until I was about 8 or 9 in the L.A junior league. I’ve always had a passion for any type of basketball. Back then I was the dedicated type where you can always see me walking around in some basketball shorts with a ball in my hand. About 3 years ago, I stopped having that passion. I started worrying about other people instead of myself. But starting last year I got back on track and made the Junior Varsity and Varsity Basketball Team. That was basically my only accomplishment I really looked at as a great thing in high school.

Now about football, I’ve been playing that since 4th grade but never really played a real organized game. I was just in the pee-wee league back then. I basically felt like football wasn’t the real sport for me. That wasn’t going to get me a scholarship if I continued, I knew that for a fact. I have a opportunity to get one if I continue to hoop for my last 2 yrs. But football’s been something I could always play because I was tall, knew how to catch a ball, fast and knew how to take a hit. But like I said before, that wasn’t the sport for me. So I just stuck to what I was good at.

I’ve been a good cooker since my mom left me at home for the first time when I was like 11 yrs old. I was always good at cooking Filipino food because that’s what my mom always cooked me. I started cooking black food when I was like 13 or 14. But when it comes to choosing, I always will pick Filipino food over chicken lol. My favorite food to cook is rice and chicken adobo, which is like chicken seasoned with soy sauce, bay leaf, and peppercorn.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete