Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Summer - Maria Espinoza

The best part of my summer was going to Guatemala City and spending time with my family and friends. I’m really grateful I went to Guatemala this summer because I met family I never knew before, also because I haven’t went to Guatemala in many years. I didn’t want to come back to Oakland because I got use to the weather and all the customs over there. I eventually had to come back because I had summer school and I also missed all my friends and family here. When I came back I went out every day to catch up with some of my friends and my boyfriend. Summer school began and I started to make up some credits I need to graduate.

I also had a job and that was taking care of my friend’s baby. Her name is Jessica and she’s seven months old. Taking care of a baby was a great experience because I learned how to be patient and how to be responsible and I need that as I grow up. Taking care of Jessica was not as easy as it sounds it was actually kind of hard. I had to feed the baby, change her diaper, carry her around, and just pay attention to her all the time. That was kind of hard for me to do because I don’t like baby’s crying, but I also don’t like giving all my attention to other people. But it was ok because it was worth it because I know when she grows up ill tell her how much I took care of her and that will be a good memory for me.

After I was done taking care of Jessica for the day I would go to kings boxing gym to work out and train. I love to box I have been boxing for about two years now. It’s my motivation, but I don’t want to become a professional fighter but I do want to be really good at. I finally found a sport I am really into, plus it is good for my health. I like going with some friends because it makes it more fun going in the ring with them and training with them because we learn from each other and we help each other out.
I also spent my time going to raging waters, Great America, Water World, and Mini Golf with my family and friends. I tried to enjoy my summer as much as I could before I came back to skyline high school for my senior year, my last year in high school. I was so excited to come back to school to do everything I can to walk that stage. I want to make my parents proud but not only that I want to be proud of myself because I know I am smart enough and brave enough to get through high school. So that’s why I am going to do everything I can to make it. And I want to prove everyone that said that I wouldn’t make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment