Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Singing and Dancing - Taylor Evans


There are many things I am good at, like soccer, listening, writing, talking, and typing. There are also many things I am well at like singing, dancing. I have always liked to dance, but I have never tried to dance outside of my house (especially my bedroom). But as soon as I found out that there was a dance class at Skyline I automatically decided to get into that class because dancing for me is way easier that running laps every other day, like I did in P.E.
I also like to sing. My mother tells me everyday how I would try to sing to Janet Jackson songs when I was little. Janet Jackson ended up becoming my favorite artist and she still is my number one favorite artist. I have been to two of her concerts that she had in Oakland. I am always happy to find out that I have tickets to her concerts. Every time I go, I end up singing all of her songs throughout the whole concert. My mom has bought almost all of her CDs (Janet Jackson is also one of my mom’s favorite vocal artists). Janet Jackson was the one who put the idea in my head to become a singer. Now I am in the Voices of the Sky group here at Skyline High School.
Soccer is also another thing I used to love to do I still want to do it but I have other things in my mind that need to be accomplished like school, getting a job, and driving. I played soccer for about ten years with the Grass Valley Soccer Club here in Oakland. And I never wanted to stop playing because I liked the energy that I got during the games. While I was playing I had amazing coaches who always knew what to do and how to win using our strengths and our weaknesses during the games.

In school I am really good at different types of Math and Science classes. I have done Algebra 1 in 8th grade with A’s the whole year. Once I got into my 11th grade year I took Algebra 2 and didn’t do as well but I still kept above a C grade the whole year. The Algebra 1 class seemed really easy to me because I was doing so well in my math classes before I got to that level of math, which seemed very plain to me. My favorite Science classes are Chemistry and Biology. The teachers I had for these classes made it seem easy for the class so that we could understand it. Thanks to them I passed with A’s the whole year and wanted to take an Advanced Chemistry class as my AP class for my high school credits.

There are many things I am good at and many that I am well at. They all have a back story and mean a lot to me because they give me the opportunity to help others who think that they cannot do it when they surely can.

No comments:

Post a Comment