Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Something I am good at. Marquis Lewis

My name is Marquis Lewis and I play football for my school Skyline high school. I been playing football for about 7years now, I started off playing Pop Warner for the Oakland dynamites as a lineman. When I got moved up to play for my next level I was playing tight end, and I played that level for two years then I moved up the last 4 levels each year. When I started practicing with skyline line football team they wanted me to play Defensive end, but when they seen my speed and showed them my skills they put me at a much better position and I think it’s a good fit for me. Playing for skyline I play first string Fullback and second string Running back, that’s just the offense on defense I play strong side Linebacker and strong safety. These were pretty much all the position I wanted to play in Pop Warner but I guess I wasn’t fast enough or had enough skills.
I don’t really practice that much when I’m at practice because the coach wants me to rest my ankle. I hurt my ankle at practice when me and a teammate of mine were doing a drill called “hitting” then he fell on my ankle and I sprained it. After that I couldn’t practice for a week and a half so I can get my ankle back in shape for our scrimmage we had coming up that was on the 28th of august. My ankle was feeling so much better for that game I was able to run full speed again and do all kinds of footwork, but then when I got a handoff one of the opponents grabbed my ankle and it got caught between his legs and bent to the side. After that happened the coach didn’t want me in the game no more so I didn’t mess it up anymore so I had to sit out. Now when we are practicing after school I’m pretty much separated from everybody else so I can do little drills that will get my ankle better and healthier for the season.
Now, my ankle is doing a little better but I haven’t been to practice in two days so it won’t get worse then it is already, that was doctors order just in case. But I just mostly go run the bleachers at the park around the corner from my house to see how my ankle feel running and I think I’m ready for the season but the coach wants we to sit out the first game to make sure it’s fully ready for the season. But he said he feels I’m ready to play for the whole OAL football season. After the OAL season I might move up to varsity for the playoffs cause the coaches wants me to get even more ready for next year on varsity.

No comments:

Post a Comment