Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer - Joshua Quintos

The best part of summer was the whole summer because of the time I spent wisely. I spent my summer mostly at Antioch; I spent it with my family and friends. The usual summer usually was just spend a week at Antioch but I spent 3 weeks and enjoyed every last bit of it. I spent the night at my friend’s house and went to San Francisco; we went to Westfield mall just because of boredom at home. The three weeks at Antioch were memorable and I can’t wait to spend time their again this summer right after school. After Antioch my family and I went to Great America Amusement Park we just rode rides and enjoyed the rides there. It was just a great summer in general. Afterwards my brother and I went back home to Oakland and just rested and played our new guitar that our uncle gave us to have. After I got home from Antioch my father and I signed up for the gym then my friends and I started to work out and my trainer helped me work out and understand how to strengthen myself. The gym was one of my most productive times this summer. I usually just sit around sleep and eat like a usually teenager. My family also had a party for my cousin Liam who turned 4 this year. I could not attend because my other friend has a party at her house which was quite interesting. We watched a movie and had a rib eating contest. The last few weeks of summer I worked until my AP work was done and I got to visit my family in Sacramento and San Diego. They seem very wealthy because of the things they own in their house. My father’s side of the family got all of the boys to have a basketball tourney. The big adults demolished us and won. They really didn’t win anything because it was just a little scrimmage. After Sacramento we went to San Diego to visit the amusement parks there and to also visit my mom’s side of the family because they ever hardly visit the family in Oakland. San Diego was painfully hot and tiring because of the things we did. My uncle all made us run 10 miles every morning. My feet and lower body was in pain when I went back to the gym with my friends. All we really did was bench and work on biceps and triceps and the abdominal. I feel like this summer was one of the best I had so far in my lifetime. I finally gained muscles and became faster to help me in JROTC and at Break dancing (B-Boying) which the program in Skyline High School helps out the AYS club perform. I was one of those seven dancers on that stage my sophomore year. This year I am excited to start my junior year. And this is my story of My summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment