Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer- Cyber High co-Teacher, Adriana Jaureguy

My summer vacation was busy. I thought I would have time to start new hobbies and learn how to play an instrument and learn how to cook lots of new foods. Instead, I wound up working and taking care of myself. It was actually kind of a big deal. Teachers don’t always have enough time to take good care of themselves.

I got enough sleep. This is huge for me. I almost never get enough sleep. I think that is why I am so short. I started my sleep deficit a long time ago in grade school. I am not sure why. Maybe I had a hard time falling asleep because of school- and family-related stress. I still have a hard time falling asleep. I wish I could just be really productive and have fun all the time. I don’t really appreciate sleep until that moment I wake up and realize I want to go back to sleep, but by then it is too late and I have to get up and do whatever I woke up for; usually work. So, if you see me looking really tired at school, maybe you can encourage me to get some sleep.

I also went on a few road trips around California. I went camping with my brother and his family, visited a farm, and visited friends in LA and San Diego. It was a lot of driving, but that’s okay. I kind of like to drive.

I also turned…..30! I am not over the hill yet. Thirty is the new 21 and 50 is the new 30. So I still feel fresh and vibrant. You should too when you turn this age. I celebrated my birthday with a big party that many of my friends came too. It was a lot of fun. My new idea now is that since I turned 30, I should celebrate 30 times. I think I am somewhere around 18 celebrations. We’ll see when I finish up. Maybe it won’t be until my 31st birthday now that school will keep me busy again.

Either way, I am so happy to be back in school with all my little kiddies. I don’t know if you know, but we (the teachers) do it for you (the students). ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment