Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ACTING! - Brittney Akins


Something that I’m really good at is acting. My sophomore year I was in intermediate drama and I realized that it was something that I want to do later on in life as a career. I learned the basics of the stage and tips that’ll improve my acting. I learned how to project and get in touch with the character. It’s a process that helps you to become another person. Your audience becomes drawn into the character and drawn into the emotions that the character is trying to portray. If the character get kidnapped and is scared the characters presence draws a reaction from the audience. I enjoy this part of acting because I like being a completely other person and I like to allow my audience to get in touch with the character as well.

Another part of acting that I learned to love is silent communication. That allows you to create an image or scene that the audience can see and understand without talking and with very little props. It’s difficult to depict an image when you can’t speak but it teaches you how to communicate with your body without words. When you are able to use your voice and props the experience you have without those aspect helps you a lot. It was hard to understand why it was so important but it became clear when I needed to use it.

My junior year I enrolled in advanced drama and it changed my life. I started to lose the shyness. I became I more creative more open person. I really enjoy advanced drama because I used to feel challenged. I felt like I had more to prove because I was new to advanced drama. I blended in perfectly even though I still had minor butterflies in my stomach.

This year I’m in advanced drama again, but now there are intermediate students that I have to help and guide in the right direction. That way by next year they’ll be able to be advanced students and have the same great experience that I had. Yesterday I had to help two intermediate students who didn’t know how to depict betray. It seemed as though they didn’t even have a clue what they were doing. I think they were just nerves though. I told them what to feel and gave them a couple examples and it trunked out great. They did a really good job. Miss hunter is a wonderful teacher and she taught me how to be a better student and a better actress. I hear that its hard to get in to the acting business but I know that with Mrs. Hunters help that I will be a great actress and continue to inspire and assist others!

For the new fall show auditions im going to push and try for the lead. Its my SENIOR YEAR .. I got to go out with a bang! And the preview night, the fall and spring shows… will help me to go out with the experience and the bang, that I’m looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment