Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The flame that guides my future - Kristina Lopez

Some are good at English, some are good at dance; some people are intuitive and some are mathematicians. My skill is in the arts. Music, performing, singing; I love it all. I hate to brag but I am a very talented musician. I play guitar, bass, upright bass, drums, keys, violin, and I am good with synth mixing. Music is something that drives me forward every day and it is the basis of all my goals for the future. What I want to do in life is be a musician, famous, indie, even a teacher, it doesn’t matter as long as music is in my profession. I have picked out my after high school plans. I am choosing between three music colleges around the U.S. (Boston, Minnesota, and LA) and am already working on loans, scholarships, and grants. When I say music is my life I mean it, I even named my dog after one of my favorite bands, Zeppelin.

I got into music as soon as I was able to pick up an instrument and sing a line to a song. I took vocals lessons and violin lessons from my aunt from the ages of 4-12 and at about 12 years old I decided violin wasn’t something I liked anymore. I liked old school metal music, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Anthrax, Metallica, etc. none of which required violin and I wanted to play that kind of music. So I went and picked up my friends guitar. I picked up the instrument very quickly after playing violin, by day two I was already able to play three songs all the way through. After a year of playing guitar I picked up a bass which came very easy to me especially after playing guitar for so long, I started to play at my school in jazz band so I was mandated to play upright bass instead of electric, I learned slap bass and I was asked to join a band who wanted a slap bass player. I joined but quickly got out for I wasn’t much of a jazz person.

Throughout the years I have picked up other instruments and I have self taught myself how to play almost all of them. I am learning piano and keys better right now so I can learn to write my own music and I have become a talented drummer. My newest project is to write my own song and record myself playing every instrument to put all together and turn into a song. The biggest influence for my song is The Mars Volta, and Tool. I am gonna try and have it all done by the end of the year or at least have all the parts done and be starting to record by the end of the 2011 year. This is the thing I am best at and it’s the thing that makes me the happiest. Everyone likes music, but not everyone loves it, and if they do, they probably don’t as much as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment