Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer - Jason Barrett

The best part of my summer was that I was hanging out with my cousin D`Andre and all we did was inhale some Leny Kravitz and talk on the phone with all our girlfriends. He came out here to Oakland from Vegas to visit the rest of the family that is still out here. Listening to my cousin’s stories about Vegas made me want to enroll in school out there for a semester. He told me about how all the girls out there are just down for whatever whenever you want to hang out. He also told me that the cops out there in Vegas are more strict than the one`s out here. D`Andre explained to me that when walking down the street you have to watch your back for the cops because they are just looking for someone to slip up and be taken off to jail. I asked my mom if I could go out to Vegas for half a school year and she told me no because she thinks that my mouth will get me in trouble with the law or school. They way my cousin portrayed the schools and the people out in Vegas was really funny. Dre said that the people out in Vegas are very terrified of people from different hardcore areas such as Oakland or New York etc. I was told that the gang members out in Vegas like people like me and him. For those who grew up rough, gang members see that as some sort of excitement because they want to know how it is where the person from a different region comes from. Once he told me about that I didn`t want to go to school out there no more.

I went to LA for a four day weekend and went to check out the views of Hollywood and the rest of LA. I visited places like the wax museum and universal studios, along with going to Venice beach to catch some waves and check out the women. I went shopping a lot while I was out there. Me and my family went to an alley market full of stores and where they sold everything from clothes to bags to sunglasses to luggage to backpacks and make-up etc. I didn`t really get any numbers from any girls cause I wasn`t out there long enough to do anything but next time I go back I know better next time to stay longer and to do my own thing. On the way back home I pulled into a parking lot to grab something to eat for the road and there was this drunk guy dancing for money in the store just to get a bite to eat. Throughout the whole trip, that incident in the restaurant with the drunken guy was the funniest thing that made me laugh throughout the whole trip. That was the best thing about my summer

No comments:

Post a Comment