Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Summer - Loni Thomas

The best part of my summer was hanging out with all of my graduating friends. I enjoyed seeing them so much because I won’t be seeing them as often as I’m used to considering that they’re all starting college and moving to different places. During summer break, we did plenty of things weather it was just relaxing at one another’s house, going to the beach, or going out to parties, but whatever it we did it was a blast. There were plenty of up’s and down on the road of having fun, cars breaking down, getting grounded, or you just couldn’t get out of the house but, it always seemed to work out for the best.

The best memory of my time with all of my friends would definitely have to be gay pride. Every year we go together but something about this year just made it even better than usual. My best guess would be that we knew that this may be our last time all together so we made it the absolute best pride that we had been to. We danced, talked, and ate all day and didn’t get home until 8am the next morning. It was a true night dedicated to partying.

The memories of my summer are endless, another all time favorite was the jokes we played on each other. Everyday a new joke was played on one unsuspecting friend. There are so many but I’m going to narrow it down to the top three. Prank number one was when we ordered 15 pizzas to my friend’s house and he was so confused and was forced to pay around 60 bucks for it all, of course we paid him back but it was hilarious. The second prank was when we convinced our friend that he had lock his car keys in the car (for the third time) and he tried to open his window with the deck of a skate board. The third prank was when we put clear wrap on our friend’s bathroom door and he walked out and it got stuck all on his face and he tripped and fell onto the floor. It was the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen every time I think about it I still laugh.


Another great memory is when we went Discovery Kingdom on the fourth of July. We watched the fireworks, got on every ride there was, and got terribly sick because full stomach’s and roller coasters just don’t mix. I remember we were all pumped to get on this new ride that was just built. It was kind of like a huge spinning swing set. We waited like 45 minutes and when we finally got on, it definitely wasn’t as great as I thought it’d be. There was definitely some exaggeration put into this ride. Although it wasn’t the best ride ever it was still cool to be with my friends.

By the end of the summer, I was ready to transition from clinging on my older friends and go to school and find friends my own age, but of course no one can replace my original group. But it’s definitely time to extend the walls of friendship. At the end of the summer I gained more than my own friends; I’d gained my own sense of identity

No comments:

Post a Comment