Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer - Chanrithy Chan

The best part of summer was hanging out with the family. On the first week of summer I went to Hawaii to visit my grandparents. The first thing I wanted to do was go to pipeline and surf because It was going to be the first time riding big waves. When I arrived in Hawaii the weather was perfect it, even the far Mountain View was nice. When I was in the car I seen the ocean water, and to be honest the waves look a little bit scary. Well it was summer and I wanted to do something new to make my whole vacation fun. After arriving to my grandparents’ house, I noticed there house was way different than the bay area.

My grandparents showed me around different restaurants, we ate a crab called a Snow Crab and I thought it would be the same as regular crab but actually the taste was more sweet and smooth. Later, they brought us to the beach which was magnificent. The sand was very clean and the water was so clear that you can see the bottom. I couldn’t wait to get surf so I just jumped in and went on the first little wave. I saw a lot of people going to bigger ones, and it made me kind of jealous so I forced myself to join. The wave was about 10 feet high; it was something that I have never seen. As I paddled my heart was beating faster and faster then I went for it. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake however, I wiped out. I felt like I could never do it again so I gave up that day and just did something else. My grandparents showed me the amazing volcano that erupts once in a hundred years. To me, I think that is scary because you’re surrounded by water and there wouldn’t be anywhere to run.

Later, we went back to my grandparents’ home in the tropical forest with no roads but a lot of mud. The room that I was sleeping in had an ocean view which was very cool because I could wake up seeing the beautiful sun and clear water. The next day I went back to the beach where I seen sea turtles and little sea creatures. I went under water and saw a stone fish, my grandparents’ before told me not to come close to any because they are very poisonous. There was always tiger fishes, my grandpa had a spear and caught one. After we put it on the grill seasoned with onions and lemons. The taste was so amazing; it was like eating a candy that melts in your mouth.

On the last day, I went back to the beach and surf the same wave that I wiped out from. A pretty girl that was also surfing told me how I should encounter it, and I took her advice and went for it. It took me a couple of tries but on the last time, I actually got it and the girl that taught me complimented me with a kiss on the cheek. I left with confidents and with an exciting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment