Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The summer before my senior year - Itzel Barraza

The best part of my summer was sleeping in when I had the chance. The reason I say that is because I had to go to summer school. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed it most of the time and I got things done. I was on task and got passing grades so I am really happy that I recovered some of my credits because it made it easier for me my senior year. Now I have fewer things to worry about. That makes it easier to enjoy my senior year instead of having lots to do.

I didn’t do much this summer but when I did I hung out with my best friend. We spent our time at my house, watched movies and made food which was really interesting because he’s a guy and isn't much of a help when it comes to cooking. I enjoyed my summer; it made me realize that I wanted to finish high school and to move on to bigger and better things. I made a new dream this summer and that is to go to England and live there for a year because I love the culture and their way of speaking. I plan to travel around England with my best friend after we graduate. If I get to live there for a year I will try to attend school there and become more independent. The reason I became so in love with England is because this entire summer I watched a show called skins and it was a crazy show but I completely fell in love with the people in it. So now I am convincing my parents to let me go there, even though they don’t think it’s a very good idea.

Now that I have plans for next year I am going to be more serious about school. I realized that I have to graduate and be the best student that I can because if I don’t I won’t get to do what I would like and won’t be able to pursue the career that I want, which is to be a zoologist. Being a zoologist is something I always dreamt about. Since I was a little kid I had a bond with animals and always wanted to be able to help them and work with them. So now that I’m old enough to be serious about my future I’ve turned my attitude completely around about school. I think I can say that this summer completely changed my life for the better. Now that I have hopes and dreams I know that I have to work hard to get what I want but I feel that’s not much of a problem now. I think being a example of how someone can change their life by actually trying would be good for the lower classes. Hopefully that will change their attitude too because I’m sure no one wants to be stuck making up tons of classes their senior year just because they slacked of and left their work for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment