Friday, September 2, 2011

Why I’m in Cyber High. Xirix Bickham

I never was too good at getting good grades. Freshman year, I went to Envision

Academy of Arts and Technology, and I passed with a 2.33 for the first time. But, I

didn’t like that school because they had horrible rules, no money, it was small, and

messy. Sophomore year, I went to Oakland High School, which is still my favorite high

school. I got 11 credits that whole year. I cut school a lot to go handle other business.

I couldn’t help but sleep in class. I was worried about a lot of things other than school.

I didn’t really care about my diploma. I just stayed in school for social and financial

reasons. I planned to get my GED. Junior year, my mom signed me up for Skyline,

and said “Maybe if you’re stuck up on top of a hill, you can’t do anything bad”. In May,

I came up to Skyline, filled out papers, and picked my classes. Cyber High was not

one of them. I came back for registration, and wasn’t given my schedule. I came again

Saturday, and they told me just get it on the first day of school. I came Monday, and

they still didn’t have it, they told me come back after school. After school, they told me

come in the morning. Finally, this morning, after sittin g in the office for 2 hours, Mr.

Trihn called me in. He made my schedule without really asking me anything and signed

me up for Cyber High.

…And here I am..

This year, I’m way more focused than last year, and decided to give earning these

credits a try. Ima stop cutting, selling, and stuff like that. Plus, the things that corrupted

my life last year are gone now, and I live with my mom. I’m hoping this will be a good

year and I don’t slip back into old ways. I don’t have 500 words to say..

No comments:

Post a Comment