Friday, September 2, 2011

Heros - Loni Thomas

I look up to my mom, she is an amazing person. She gets up at 2:30 am to go to work and help support our family. She’s 41 and works as a dispatcher at a public transportation building for disabled people. My mom is a mother of three kids, my little sister she’s fourteen, myself I’m sixteen, and my brother who’s twenty years old. For the longest of times my mom had to support us all on her own without the help of any of our fathers. She had to feed us clothe us, and help us with everything we couldn’t do or know. Times were very stressful for the longest of times but somehow she always found a way to make things work out. Things continued to be difficult until about five or six years ago when my step dad showed up and helped us with all our problems. My step dad is an amazing man and I appreciate everything he does for me and my family. My mom is still the glue that keeps the family together though.

My mom helped me through the most terrible of times, when I felt all alone and I would break down my mom would be the one to put me back together when no one was able to. My mom had to play a mother and father figure since my dad isn’t in my life. Sometimes I feel sad-angry even- when I hear people and their great stories about how great their dad is but then I think of how many people don’t have a phenomenal mom like I do and I instantly get happy. But just because my mom and I get along well doesn’t mean we don’t have our own personal fall outs.

My mom and I definitely argue, from dishes, what clothes I wear, to boys. Sometimes the fights get pretty heated, just because we’re both stubborn and want things our way. But obviously someone has to be wrong and we usually have to have a talk about it later when we’re not too angry at each other.

But at the end of the day, the good conquers the bad and I love my mom for the woman she is, the way she handles herself and how much class and beauty that radiates from the inside and outside. I have the up most and greatest respect for my mom. I hope to be at least half the woman she is and when and if I have kids I want to handle them the way she handles my other siblings and me. My mom is a great role model, I’ve never met such an amazing woman-or anyone else for that matter-she’s very relatable person. She’s a person who’s friendship and trust is hard to gain-my mom makes her judgments on a person within the first five minutes of encountering that person. She reads the book by the cover- I know everyone says not to but for some reason when my mom makes a judgment she always right no matter how harsh it is. But, that’s my mom and I love her for who she is and isn’t. That’s why I look up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment