Friday, September 2, 2011

Music is the most important aspect of my life - Itzel Barraza


Music was something I always loved. I sing every day sometimes I don’t even notice it. I also like to play the guitar. I took a guitar class last year and I learned how to play pretty well. I loved that class Mr.Tolliver was my teacher and I got along with him pretty well he actually became my favorite teacher. Now I’m trying to get into intermediate band and he also teaches that so I’m really looking forward to this year. Music is an art that everyone uses. I feel that our society revolves around music.

Last year when they were trying to take our music classes away it saddened me because I definitely enjoyed my class and I know other people would too. There are many students that love Mr.Tolliver’s class I think that his way of teaching is perfect for those who want to learn and also those who don’t really want to be in it. He provides comedy also he shares experiences he had when he was younger to try to keep us on task. Not only does he play guitar he also plays the viola, the bass, the drums, and piano. I’m sure there’s more once you know how to read music it makes it easier for you to play other instruments as well. I’m sad that I’m leaving this year because I don’t get to take his class once more but I will be visiting. Mr. Tolliver is one of the people that really believed in me he always told me to do my work and things would turn out fine. He always believed I had a bright future ahead of me. I can honestly say that he was the only teacher that made me more serious.

Growing up I was in love with the backstreet boys, spice girls, Things that we find really corny now. When I went through middle school I really like to listen to old rock my meaning of old is songs going back to the 80’s I also love a band called Paramore they are and will forever be my favorite her voice is pretty amazing and I like that I can sing like her most of the time. I still love that type of music now I’m more into indie rock now though. That’s the type of music I like to wake up to because it automatically makes me happy and it also makes me want to dance. Music is definitely a big important chunk of me that’s what my personality consist of. When you ask people what I like to do they tell you I like to sing and I never shut up. I guess its what Im meant to do. I hope I’m as inspiring as some of the bands I listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment