Thursday, September 1, 2011

How I became a painter - Aida Ramirez

When I was growing I was really fond of colors I loved to look at crayons because they looked beautiful to me and I would spend most of my time drawing and adding color to every drawing as I grew older I always wanted to do something different from drawing and coloring in the pictures. It had started one day when my mom was on craigslist and she found an ad selling oil paints it came with 50 small tubes and 5 large tubes of paints and about 40 different brushes and so she told me about it seemed interesting to me and something fun I could try. I was nervous on getting it because It was something new something I have never done before. So I decided to take a chance and test my skills and see if I was good at it. When I went to go buy the paint with my mom I was excited because it came with all this stuff I dint know was and wanted to learn about like crazy. Once I got home with my new material I looked at the colors I had and all the different forms and sizes my brushes where I could wait to test them out. The day after my mom took me to Michaels to buy canvases once I got home I was too scared to use a canvas because they were so expensive I didn’t want to waste them. I would try to paint on thick paper that are used for water paint and my painting came out really bad to me it didn’t look like professionals I had way to high expectations for myself and I guess it brought my confidence down on my work. One day I was looking out my window and loved the view and I was so inspired into painting it. That day it came out perfect something I fell in love with this was something I did really good in. it was a painting of landscape I wanted to be able to paint people doing portraits. the first person painting didn’t come out as I hopped and looked pretty weird and not very good to me. Couple of months passed without me picking up the brush again till I found out horrible news my baby cousin died on the second day he was born it was a tragedy and sad for it would have been my uncle’s first son. When I found out I felt the need to make a remembrance if him for on this earth he was an angel as the priest said “Bad and sin has not touched him for he is pure and an angel of god.” I had to paint for my little cousin who wasn’t ready yet so I did a painting that came out amazing with no classes or experience of painting I painted my cousin it was a beautiful painting and I realized I was really good at painting. It was something that expressed how I feel and how I can show my emotions and people were able to read it from me. I am really good at painting and I proud of my work .

No comments:

Post a Comment