Thursday, September 1, 2011

Marksmenship - Quincy Guy

What I’m Good At

I am really good at marksmanship. I have been shooting firearms since I was ten years old. The first time I ever shot a firearm I was nervous. My dad picked me up from my mom’s house. We drove out to the shooting range in Sacramento. When we got there I put on all the gear. The glasses, the ear plugs, and the firing gloves.
The first firearm I ever shot was a thirty eight caliber revolver. After the first three shots I started to get the hang of it. The first thing my dad taught me about shooting is to never squeeze the trigger but to pull it because when you squeeze the trigger the gun pushes you back and you won’t hit your target. The next thing he taught me is never to blink when firing because you want to know you hit the target as soon as it makes impact. Those are just the basics of shooting a firearm.

After shooting for so long you start to know how to shoot the right way while being in a comfortable position. Different firearms use different positions. In example when shooting a sniper rifle you must lay flat on your stomach. Or when shooting an M-16 you have to have bent legs to stay balanced. Position is a big part of shooting firearms.
My favorite gun to shoot is a UTG Sniper Rifle. The UTG Sniper Rifle shots five hundred feet per second and uses three different caliber rounds. I have hit targets two hundred yards away using this particular rifle. I have qualified as a marksman three times using this rifle. This rifle is mostly used in special operation units or black op units. This is my weapon of choice any day.
My favorite handgun is a Sig Sauer P226 pistol. This pistol uses a 9mm caliber round. This weapon is mostly used by the Department Of Homeland Security. I have also qualified three times as a pistol marksman. What makes the Sig Sauer P226 pistol different is that it holds more rounds than the average 9mm pistol.

I am now enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. I have a big reputation in the firearms community. Every time I meet a Marine they tell me I should become a Marine Sniper. Ever since I started competing in shooting competitions I have come in first place. I have never come in second not once. No wonder everyone says I should become a Marine Sniper.

I intend to continue becoming a better marksman. I know I will get better in time so I do not worry about my marksmanship. Marksmanship is a great skill to have and it is a great sport. This is why I am so good at marksmanship. It is also a good stress reliever. Many people use marksmanship to get things of their mind. I find that when I shoot I only think about hitting the target and nothing else. These are also the reasons I like marksmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment