Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cooking - Asia Mapp

Cooking is one of the best skill I have about myself I could whip up just about everything in the kitchen or I’m willing to learn how to cook a new dish. My love for cooking started at the very young age of 5 before I could even wash dishes I was cooking pastas, chicken, greens etc. I would say my love grew because of my grandmother which cooks every family dinner, family get together, and holidays. My father owns a restaurant and has me make the menu of food which makes my happy because I love all types of food. I started cooking when my grandmother started needing help with all the cooking and cleaning for the family dinners and gatherings. my grandmother needed my help because I was young willing to learn and the rest of my family was ready to eat but never ready to help out so that put a lot of stress on my grandma for years until I got older to do things. Every holiday my grandmother prepares a fancy dinner for a family of at least twenty members in my family. My grandmothers the reason for my love of cooking she taught me everything that I know about the kitchen. One thing I will never forget that my grandmother taught me was to make sure the kitchen is clean every time I cook. If u ever Cook for people they might not eat it because of the surroundings such as, dishes everywhere, blood from the meats on the counters, and food all over. I know I wouldn’t be eating food from a dirty kitchen.

I have another skill in life which is taking care of people when their ill. Some of my family member’s are older and not willing to take care of themselves when their sick so that’s when I come in. My grandmother is older not able to do much for herself so I’m like her care taker for just about every day. I’m like my grandmothers personal nurse. I attend some doctor’s appointments, make sure she takes her medicine on time, bring her water, and cook for her. Another person I help take care of is my 98 year old great aunt she is very elderly and needs a lot of care daily so I’m always their making sure she stays well because she’s the oldest in my family. My aunt just needs someone their helping her with cooking, cleaning, making sure she takes her medicines, and keep organized with appointments and doctor visits. I’m young willing to help anyone in need because they would do it for me if I ever needed them.

I can only say I have two best skills about myself because I do these’s things daily when I’m not at school. I believe those would be great quilties about people if they knew how to cook and help others in need but I’m blessed to come with those qulities Naturally. I cook for myself everyday not waiting on someone else to do it because I don’t like waiting for things to get done when I can do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment