Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Counselor - Valerie Cepeda

Something I’m really good at is talking to people and making them feel better when they’re feeling down or going through problems. I really enjoy doing it and could never get tired of it. I don’t even have to be really close friends with the person, I still talk to them with the same amount of honesty and love. Any time I see anybody crying or sad I go up to them and try to talk them through their struggle. I try my best to have a lot of patience and to be understanding. Whenever they tell me what they’ve done I never judge them, I instead give them options of what they could have done instead in case that situation comes up again in the future. Or sometimes, all a person needs is someone to hug them and to have a shoulder to cry on which I always try to be available for.

I feel like I’m really good at talking to people about their problems because after we’re done talking, they always leave smiling and with a much more positive attitude. Or other times I just simply sit there and listen to the other person because they need to let it all out. It just makes me feel so good to know I made someone’s day at least a little bit better and helped them fix their problem. I think it's beautiful for everyone to help each other out in whatever possible. Everyone should always try to show love and be helpful and that's exactly what I try to be. And on top of that, I even benefit from helping people with their situations because from hearing all their stories, it also helps me in case I'm ever going through something similar.

I just simply think it's very important to know you have someone you can depend on to make you feel better because there's people that get overwhelmed very easily and won't be able to handle what they're going through and that could lead to committing suicide. And not one human being should ever feel like killing themselves or as if they're not worth anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment