Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Summer - Annesse Lopez

I have no BEST or FAVORITE part of summer because my whole summer was spectacular. Even on the days where I didn’t do much it was at least better than being unproductive. If I had to choose going to debate camp at CAL Berkeley was one of the most memorable times only because I met so many outstanding and intelligent people. I literally met people from all over the country which was very different from the bland days with average people that I see every day, the most amazing person I met while attending was the debate coach at Harvard, and he was so great and offered me the opportunity to get a letter of recommendation. So I was really privileged to go there I definitely met people that I will benefit from, not only now but later on in life. Along with meeting cool people, I learned skills that some people don’t even learn until they are adults. It was almost like being an actual college student for two weeks. Every day I woke up at six o’clock and got ready for the day only to go to my lectures, I had three a day, and they were all four hours each. Going to lectures for such a long time really gave me the duration I need to be successful when I came back to school. For example in the classes I have with friends I was able to focus and listen to the teacher. As well as when teachers are talking about subject that are boring or not very interesting I still have the ability to pay attention and get my work done.

After that debate camp I ended up going to another one a little more local in downtown Oakland, where I was little more familiar with the crowd, but still met new people. Those were in my local league already just made it that much more fun because I was more familiar with them. The camp ended at the end of the week with a camp tournament and me and my partner at the time got 4th place team and I got 4th place speaker. After that I didn’t really have much to do.

For the remaining summer I just went shopping and went to the movies with my best friend Sydney, we went to Berkeley, San Francisco, and Emeryville to go shopping and we went to the movies theire too and also jack London Square to see Columbiana and that was very fan and thrilling and that’s really how I ended my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment