Thursday, September 1, 2011

I am good at… - Loni Thomas

I am good at photography. I love taking pictures of things besides myself. I enjoy photography because I can express myself in any way I choose and I still won’t be in the wrong for doing it. I see photography as catching a moment that no one else could have seen. If I could pick my favorite style of photography it would be surreal. Surreal is something along the line of fantasy and reality working together. It sort of is like a dream. I like surreal photography because it challenges you to be different. It’s also more of a challenge because anyone can just take a camera and point, shoot, and click a pretty picture, but it takes more work to make a dream of your own a reality.

I do everything I can to interpret photography in my life, including, taking classes, going out and trying to do photo shoots , and it’s usually on my mind every day. People usually think that photography is so easy and it’s really not. You have to not only catch a perfect moment; you also have to try to and everyone to understand the meaning of your picture without making it obvious that that’s what you’re trying to do. Every picture is a work of art and no matter what you do it can never be wrong. That’s why I enjoy photography because it’s something you can do without thinking; you can just carry yourself away.

Photography is something that anyone can do no matter what age you are, there’s no limit to what your mind can do if you try. You could make the ugliest thing in the world the most exquisite thing ever. All it takes is an open mind. Just go with it and you’ll make it work effortlessly. It’s something that is controversial, different and unique. Everyone has a vision, it just matters what you do with your vision.

I just want to show people what I see and what I think, and let them know what I know. Photography gives me that chance and so much more, in a way it’s therapeutic. When the world begins to make no sense I just pick up my camera to catch all the moments of senselessness. Photography puts life into perspective, no matter how weird it is it really does help people understand your view on the world and, in my opinion there’s nothing better than helping other understand the world through your eyes-or lens-it’s really something to be able to do that.

So that’s why I believe that I’m good at photography, because it’s different, mind blowing, and no matter what, your art cant never be wrong unless you doubt yourself. You have to be confident because if you’re not confident how can you expect anyone to be confident about viewing your work. Photography is something that needs to be expressed because without it a lot of people couldn’t have express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment