Friday, September 2, 2011

Heros - Narda Zamora

Someone I admire and respect is my mother. I look up to her because she has dedicated her life to taking care of her children and taking care of the household. After she had her children she stopped working and made sure they were set-up to have the best future possible. Since my father was always working, my mom was the only that could really pay attention to us, and attend our needs. I think it takes a real mother to realize her daughters are the most important thing in her life, and is unselfish enough to put them before herself. My mother has ironically played both father and mother roles though my father has been there just not present as much.

She has always wanted the best education for her three daughters, and because of that she’s been consistently been at school’s checking up on us making sure we’re on our path to success. She had a difficult childhood, and simply wants us to have a better and easier life than she had. She feels like we can achieve whatever we put our minds to, and even though we know she’s right, we still have trouble staying on track and making her proud.

Because, most of the time she’s been the only one around, I’ve developed a much closer relationship with her .Most of the time I can talk to her about all my problems and future dreams and that’s because I’ve learned to have trust in her and her advice. However, I do NOT consider her my best friend, because she’d just freak out about stuff I look at as normal .It’s alright though because after all she’s my mother and I believe there should be a certain amount of respect and distance between us.

I respect that she’s come so far from where she started. She was born and raised in Mexico, at 17 she came to the United States and started working, her family didn’t encourage her to go to school but to instead work because money was an issue since now they had to maintain a house, and had a sick mother back in Mexico. About a year later her mother died and one way or another she had to grow up and become an adult. That’s when not only she had to deal with a mother’s death but she had to become independent. Years later, she married my father and soon had children, that’s when she decided she wanted us to be set-up for success and didn’t want us to go through what she did. She has become the main person in life and I’m very grateful for having her, this is why I admire her and look up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment