Friday, September 2, 2011

Being in Cyber High - Michael Le

During my first two years in high school I have never heard of Cyber High. I just recently found out about Cyber High from one of my friends and I asked my assistant principal about it. I was put into this class because I am missing credits and might not graduate on time. I was feeling really hopeless because I thought I wouldn’t be able to graduate in 2013, but after hearing that I will get two times the credit from what I usually earn in regular classes from Cyber High, I was excited. The first day in class I knew Cyber High will help me tremendously because I can earn up to twenty credits in this class. I will be able to earn ten elective credits and ten more credits in the subject that I need to make up.
I was a rebel during my freshmen year and never cared or even thought about going to my classes, I fell in with the wrong crowd and skipped all of my classes. By the time it was the end of my freshmen year I was already missing thirty-three credits and I knew I had to make them up somehow. I started going to summer school but I knew I wouldn’t be able to make it up in time by the time it was my senior year so I asked around for another option. Cyber High is another chance for students who felt like it was okay to slack off and fail classes and for students who need to retake a class to have a better grade on their transcript for college applications.

I plan on going to college because I know that is the best thing for me. I know I need to have some sort of degree to have a chance at working a job that I enjoy. Without Cyber High it would’ve been harder for me to achieve my goals. If Cyber High didn’t exist I would have to attend summer school every year and take classes at Laney College. That would have been especially difficult for me because I work during the summer, and on the weekends during the school year. The school lets you take this class during school hours and it works perfectly for my schedule. There are many good things about my Cyber High class, my teacher is really cool and teaches me step by step on how to complete assignments, and you get to learn how to type and use the computer. Without a doubt, I know I will enjoy this class.

I have learned that if Cyber High exists there are no excuses for not graduating on time. I am really excited to pass this class and along with all of my other classes so I can graduate. I can’t wait until I get to go to college so I can shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment