Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Being in Cyber High --Narda Zamora

The reason why I’m in cyber-high is because the past years I’d been lacking motivation to do better at school. Because of that, it took a toll on my grades, and I either failed or didn’t do well enough in my classes. In the past I made bad decisions, such as skipping class and deciding to simply not do work. The hardest year to try to keep up was my freshman year, it seemed like even when I tried I failed. After a while of trying my freshman year I simply and hopelessly gave up and then refused to go to class because at the time, I thought it was pointless. However my mom was always there telling me and advising me that I could, should, and have to do better, it literally came in one ear and left the other.

My sophomore year I had a different mindset about school, I started the school year out doing well. Soon enough, by the second semester I let peer pressure get to me, and started not to care about my classes again. So even though I had done well the first semester, I had failed some of my second semester classes. In my young and dumb mentality I really didn’t care, but when I looked took a look at my horrible transcript it made me realize how much I had been letting go of school and the effects it was going to have on me in the future. Then, I came up with a plan for my junior year to do better.

Junior year came along, and with it, it brought all my bad mistakes in school. The first week of school I met up with my counselor and then an administrator, they worked out a schedule for me to attend cyber-high as a class in day. I was doing great I had finished five credits in a matter of weeks and was passing all my classes. However, it didn’t take long to realize that I was struggling with one class it was U.S. History and this time it wasn’t me not trying hard enough but the teacher. Before I had blamed the teachers for not doing well, but this time it was the truth. I had heard that if I was to join an academy my history and English teacher were going to be chosen for me and it wasn’t going to be the same one from before. But, when I joined the academy I was forced to drop cyber-high and get psychology in a way I knew I needed elective credits so I decided to do cyber-high after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And I never could get as much done as when I had it as a class.

This is now my senior year and I have a new steady mindset. I’m taking cyber-high for all my past careless mistakes. Now I’m paying the price and I can’t take a fun elective like ceramics, instead I have to do cyber-high and get my missing credits. I have great expectation for myself to finish everything so that I’ll become the first one in my family to finish high school and go on to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment