Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being in Cyber High - James Posey

I'm in cyber high because of my first and second year of high school. My first of being year of being at skyline high school started falling apart once I switched my math class from algebra 1 to geometry. Ma first semester was good because I passed with a B for my overall grade in geometry. Once the second semester started, everything thing went downhill. I started talking too much during my math class which really took my mind off of my class work. On top of that I stopped doing my homework and also just stopped studying altogether. So along when I stop studying, I started failing my test. But I did try to start doing my work after the first marking period of seeing my grades. But by the time I actually started trying again, I was already behind in my work. And knowing myself, I didn't want to do all the work I didn't do in order to catch up because I was too lazy at the time and I didn't really care to catch up to be honest. So for the last marking periods I managed to get by doing all my class work and homework in class so when I got home I didn't have to worry about it. So I eliminated my studying time for math class by just doing the work in school. So with me not studying for that class on my own, it lead to me failing my test. That's when I just gave up and stopped trying in that class altogether.

So once the new year started I was like it was a new start. I had Mr. Correa's math class and I started off all good if I say so myself even though the work still seemed a little hard for me. I tried to switch out of the class but I got denied and had to stay in there. After the first marking period it seemed like I was going to pass because I had I C+ in the class. Man was I wrong. After getting through the first week, it got very hard and half the time while he was explaining it, I couldn't understand it. He kept telling me to be quite every time I asked him a question when he called on me. So right then and there I stopped trying. After the first semester I came out with an overall F and Ms. Arkan didn't want to switch me out to a different class. So during the second semester I just failed it because I could barely understand anything Mr. Correa was saying not because I didn't try. I'm not going to even lie, I even tried getting help from others in my class but it didn't work because they weren't doing well in the class also.

This is pretty much why I'm in cyber high now, so I can basically make up for all the credits I messed over and so I can graduate from high school and walk the stage at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment