Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer - Valerie Cepeda

The best part of summer was when I went to Zapotlanejo, Mexico. I definitely don’t think I would of enjoyed my summer as much if I wouldn’t of gone. I basically have all my family there and it’s the best feeling ever to be reunited with them. And plus, getting away from Oakland for a bit always feels great too. I just simply get tired of seeing the same faces everywhere I go, so spending my summer in Mexico was definitely a wise choice. The thing I love about over there is that even though I don’t drive I can get anywhere and everywhere walking since it’s a town and everything is pretty much near each other. Oh, and the food made the trip so much better. Eating nothing but delicious Mexican food and ice cold refreshing drinks never got old. Even if there wasn’t any huge events going on, simply being with my whole family spending time together and laughing non-stop made me feel so lucky.

And I also got entertained by seeing how different life is in Mexico from the U.S., for example seeing such young kids sell clothes and shoes and memorize all kinds of prices amazes me since people don’t start working in the U.S. until they’re at least 16. Another fun part about being in Mexico was all the parties I got the chance to go to. Even my parents had a party. They celebrated their 25th anniversary and renewed their vows. It was one of the best days of my live and I truly enjoyed it. I also got the chance to go to the soccer finale World Cup of men under the age of 18 and Mexico happened to be in it. It was definitely a really fun experience that I will never forget. Every time I would hear the fans roar for Mexico it gave me chills. I would look around and see people tear because of Mexico’s victory.

Another thing I enjoyed in Mexico was using motorcycles as transportation. I liked it because it’s rare to see any in the U.S. Well yeah, you see choppers here and there but the motorcycles over there are so different, they’re a lot smaller and not as big nor loud. Being in Mexico makes me really happy because I truly feel loved every time I go. All my nephews and nieces receive me with so much love and always know how to put a smile on my face. Even though I hadn’t seen them in about two years they never forget about me. They greet me with a huge hug and kiss and even become attached to me for the time I’m in Mexico. I also love all the clothes over there! There is a lot of variety. I’m able to find indigenous and native clothes but I could also find new and fashionable clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment