Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Summer - Taylor Evans

There have been many great parts of my summer this year. I have volunteered at a summer school for four weeks, gone to my cousins house to spend time with her and her family with her two children, gone to my Uncles house by Palm Springs, gone to Disneyland, and had a magnificent 17th birthday. This summer I have voluntarily worked at Burckhalter Elementary for their Summer Intervention. While I was there I made lots of copies, helped all of the individual teachers with their students, and answered some phone calls to help people with information about the upcoming school year. That was a really fun experience for me because I love being around kids and helping them out when it was needed.

This summer I have gone to my cousin Meredith’s House in Los Altos, Ca. She picked me up with her two kids Natalie, and Kyle from my house and took us to the zoo so that they could look at all of the animals. We spent almost all day at the zoo, everybody was tired on the way home and the kid fell asleep. Once we made it back to her house we all kind of played around and eventually walked to the grocery store around the corner from their house to get some dinner. Those next few days we played, walked took photos, and enjoyed our time together. I really appreciate what my cousin did for me because I don’t really get the time to go and hang out with people since I have to stay with my little sister most of the time because she’s too young to be staying home by herself.

This summer I also went to my Uncles house in a place called Rancho Mirage with my mom, little sister, and, my cousin (my Uncles daughter) which is really close to Palm Springs but is much hotter, and has less wind. My parents and my Uncle arranged a trip for two days at Disneyland and California Adventure. We spent most of our time at Disneyland though. My Auntie also owns a house in Palm Springs and was down there while we were there and spent a lot of time with us because she spends most of her time living in her other house in Maryland. We did many things in Palm Springs but we mostly spent time in my Uncles pool at his house trying to work on our tans.

The week after I got home from Palm Springs I had my birthday. This year I turned 17! The Saturday before my birthday I got in touch with a couple of my friends and asked them if they would want to go to the movies with me to celebrate my birthday. I asked about for people and only two of them were allowed to go. It didn’t matter because I had fun with them while we saw Crazy, Stupid, Love. That movie was crazy, and stupidly funny. My friends and I got a kick out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment