Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Summer - Kenny Dam

On the last day of school of my tenth grade year, I heard the last bell ring. I already knew that summer was coming and I did not know what to expect for summer. I walked out of class into the nice sunny day and met up with some of my friends on the bus. We took the bus to Alameda so we can hang out at the beach. When I went to the beach I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The warm summer sun made me realize that there was no more school and all I have to worry about is for me to relax. Throughout the whole day I felt like I never wanted to go back to school. When I got home my dad told me that I got a letter telling me that I have to go to summer school. In my mind I felt devastated because all of my plans for summer were ruined.

The past couple of weeks before I went to summer school, I felt really stressed out because of the heat and it was extremely boring. Whenever I called my friends up to hang out we never knew what to do for fun during the summer. I figured out this summer was going to be the worse summer of my life. The day has finally come; it was time for me to go to summer school. It was the worse feeling that anyone had to experience during the summer. When I arrived to summer school, the school looks like a prison. A whole bunch of kids with sad drowsy faces waiting in the warm summer sun to go to class. I went into the classroom with this old lady nagging at me; at that point I realized she was going to be my teacher.

I went to summer school for five weeks and they were the worse five weeks of my summer. It gets even worse when that old lady teacher ended up giving me a D for my grade. I asked her why she gave me that grade and she told me I did not do my work. Everything that was coming out of her mouth was a complete lie. I wanted to yell at her for giving me such a horrible grade. My summer just went to a waste because I went to summer school for five weeks and she gave me a bad grade. It made no sense to me how I was not doing my work. I ended up just not saying anything to that lady and I just ignored every lie she said.

I finally got out of summer school and it was a huge relief that it is all over now. I finally told myself that I would not stress out anymore for the rest of the summer, but I was wrong. My aunt called me on a warm summer evening to tell me that my uncle was on life support. It was the was one of the bad feeling I had in my stomach. I knew that something was going to go bad later on. Two days later they called and told me that he finally pass away. My whole family including me was in complete sadness because of his lost. I told myself that this was indeed the worst summer ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment