Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Summer - Karen Hernandez

My summer this year wasn’t the best but it had it’s good moments. One of the best moments I had, was traveling to Santa Cruz with my family like we usually do every summer. This time it was a little different because it wasn’t on fourth of July. My older sister finally got to join us on this road trip and got to see Santa Cruz for the first time, I know she had so much fun. The adults and the younger people went their separate ways. My friends and I decided to enjoy the ride all day long and hit the beach later on when it starts getting darker. It was definitely a great idea because I don’t think I would have been having as much fun sitting on the sand, freezing. Our favorite ride was definitely Fireball, we would go crazy and scream like it was the end of the world. The feeling it gives when you’re up in the air and the ride is spinning is really cool, it’s like if someone was giving you a tickle attack. The funny part about being on this ride was that the little boy that was with us was afraid of heights and had never been on a roller coaster. His facial expressions were hilarious when the ride was up in the air, I couldn’t stop laugh. I enjoyed the biggest donut I had ever seen along with some soda and ice cream. Then, we walked to the beach, sat down, and had a deep conversation about life. There was a kids ride that I really enjoyed and the main idea of this ride is to bump into other people kind of bumper cars. I would spin myself around but I had to start bumping because they were all colliding with me. The famous “Giant Dipper” was nothing but screams and laughs too because my god brother was recording the whole ride and I watched the little boy freak out. We got on the ride multiple times because the line was pretty short the whole time. Another memorable moment was when I came out of a water ride soak and wet. I was sitting in the front and once the ride splashed down my whole body was wet but the picture didn’t come out nice because my hand was covering my face. Then, it was time to get on the “Double Shot” ride and we HAD to sit facing the line so it was a little weird being stared at by everyone waiting in line. At the end of the day, this trip was amazing I spent a lot of time with my close ones screaming and acting a fool it was a lot of laughter and good memories. The next day, I lost my voice but I wasn’t worried or mad because it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment