Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being i Cyber High - Rithy Chan

I’m in cyber high because when I was a freshmen I cared about my grades but not that much. I was a good student but hated math { Algebra 1} so I would go to every class knowing what am doing but when I would get to Math class I would do the problems I knew how to do and forget about the rest. I didn’t ask for help because my math teacher was always busy kicking kids out of the class. So I would sit there quietly until class was over. Until one day I asked for help but he told me he can’t help me because he’s too busy. That was when one of my friends told me to go see Ms.Bale at lunch. So I took her advice and the next day I went to see Ms.Bale and that was when I finally had hope in math. So she tutored me every day at lunch for the rest of my freshmen year. She was basically the only teacher who taught me math that year because. My real teacher really didn’t know how to teach in general. We had test every Friday and he didn’t care if we knew the material or not . He would still give us the test even if he knew we were going to fail it. He just wanted to hurry up and finish the book before other teachers. He cared about teaching but teaching to finish the book. I feel in the mist teaching he left all of his students but one behind. He didn’t care that only one student was passing his class. And when students would confront him he would see a problem with it and blame them for it . But when too many people see a problem with it its not them but its you. But he never realized it and continued his so called teaching ways. And there was no one to stop him. And while all of this was going on he never once thought to himself am I doing something wrong. He was to high on confidence and thought he knew it all. Which he clearly didn’t. And instead of other teachers to tell him he was wrong they would tell him kids of know our days need this kind of push. But what he didn’t know was they were watching him fall and laughing. They knew he was terrible but they were fake. And would tell other students to transfer to their class next semester. But if I knew I could transferred I would have but because I heard it late I wasn’t able to do so. But sadly I failed the first semester so I need a half semester know. And know am senior in cyber high typing this essay because the cyber high program is not working and it was either do this or do nothing. So I choose this sadly but know am just ready to finish and Graduate and move onnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment