Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In Charge - Ashley Brown

I have noticed throughout my life that I am actually really good at being a bossy person. I am not sure how it happened, but I usually prefer to be in charge of most things and usually am. I know that it sounds like a bad thing when you think about it but if you stop and give it some more thought you may realize how important it really is to have people who do not mind taking control of situations when needed. Being able to make quick decisions comes in handy when I’m looking for something to do with my friends. Sometimes when you’re in a large group everybody’s voice gets lost in the conversation and people turn out unhappy but when they get some guidance it is actually very easy to work out problems.

Although there are some perks to being able to control situations, sometimes there are problems. Every once in a while I meet somebody who is almost as bossy as me or maybe even worse. Usually when that happens I just let the person take over because as long as things get done correctly I am happy. To be honest, I prefer to have other people take over sometimes because it means that I don’t have to do so much.

Over time, I’ve noticed that a lot don’t care about the outcome of certain things even if it affects them. This bothers me because I feel like people should put in more effort to do things right. Although I don’t always make the best decisions I know when to just do what I need to do to get things done even if it’s a little inconveniencing.

The situations where I feel like I really need to take charge are usually when I am at home and my younger siblings are around. They aren’t that much younger than me but they are all really immature and I have a five year old sister who is usually out of control. I’ve spent most of my life trying to get them to understand what the volume of a normal human being’s voice is. I am pretty sure that if I don’t constantly remind them to act right the house would literally fall to pieces. And that is why it is so important to be bossy. J

No comments:

Post a Comment