Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being in Cyber High - Valerie Cepeda

I am in cyber high because I have one F and a few D’s I want to make up. Even though receiving a D is technically not failing, it still looks really bad on your transcript so I would love to make up that D. I also decided to be in cyber high because once I’m done making up my F’s and D’s I could start working on making up extra credits which will help me have less classes later on this year.

I was slacking off and being careless about my grades which caused me to fail the classes. I was a freshman when I received an F in advanced algebra. I had never before in my life received an F but I was new to the school and knew completely nobody in that class. It was full of upper class men that I had never seen before in my life. And to make it all worse, whenever I asked the teacher for help she would just scream at me and tell me to ask the other students which I really didn’t want to do since I didn’t know them at all. But at least I learned from that experience to ask anybody for help, the worst that could happen is them denying me help, which I doubt will happen anyways. And as soon as I started to feel uncomfortable in that class I just simply stopped going. I gave up since I was completely blank about all the work that was being shown and I wasn’t getting any help so I found it pointless to even go. The other classes I received D’s in was also math. In that class I honestly tried really hard but the tests were way too important for the grades and since I don’t do so well in tests, my grade wasn’t looking too good.

By being in cyber high I hope to first of all of course make up the credits I’m missing and do any extra credits if possible. Not only am I achieving making up credits by being in cyber high but by being in cyber high I also learned my lesson to take school more seriously because if I was to have taken those classes seriously, I could have been in a really fun elective class instead of being stuck on a computer all period reading and taking tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment