Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer - Nikko Jow

The best part of my summer was when I took a road trip to LA for a bike competition I was competing in. The competition took place at the Venice beach basketball courts at Venice beach. It was great because I got to see all my so cal friends and ride with them as well. That competition I took 4th in the pro division. After the competition everybody went partying in the city of LA. My family came to pick me up in LA and we went to the Santa Monica pier. There we got to surf and swim and it was a great time. We also got to hit the Promenade, the shopping district of Santa Monica. Its basically 3 blocks full of stores to go to. After that we headed back to the bay area. LA is always dope but there is no place like the bay. When I got back I basically hung out with my friends, worked and rode my bike.



Since a lot of my friends are in to the car scene , we would go out late at night and go drift the mountain pass called Calveras a long narrow twisty mountain road that goes from union city and ends in Milpitas. Its about a 15 mile drive of hairpin turns long wide sweeps and deep canals. Luckily we never crashed. I’d have to say being in a speeding car on a narrow mountain pass is kind of scary but its definitely fun. Its great to get everyone together to go driving. And since everyone has a upgraded exhaust on they’re car we feel like we rule the road. There is no other feeling like sliding up and down the mountain hitting speeds of 75mph +. To be safe we all carry radios so we can communicate with each other and tell each other if there is a car coming up or down the road. One time during a mountain run my friend hit and deer and it broke his front bumper. Luckily nobody got hurt and we finished with the run we were doing. And most of the time after we do these runs we all go to tapioca express or something similar to eat and enjoy the rest of the night.



Another great part of summer was riding with my friends everyday of the week. We always use to go to different cities such as San Jose, Milpitas, Pleasenton , Dublin , san leandro, union city and San Francisco . We would wake up at about 10 am and get everyone together to go ride. Most of the time it was hard to pick a place to go since there

No comments:

Post a Comment