Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Being in Cyber High - Daniela Osorio

As we sit here in these uncomfortable stiff chairs, using computers that occasionally work, we start to wonder, why am I even in this class? We then start to go through a list in our mind and ask ourselves common questions. What did I do to get here? What happened to my good grades? I thought I went to all my classes, did all my work, and got all my credits? Obviously we were wrong.

The main reason we are here in this “class” today is to make up the credits we lost over the years. Maybe it was due to cutting class, being a smart ass, or just not caring. In my situation the main reason I’m in Cyber High is due to being lazy. I may be only missing 10 or 20 credits, but that 10 or 20 credits that would stop me from walking the stage at the end of the year, with my fellow class of 2012. And it would be those 10 or however many credits that would hurt you in the end, and disappoint your parents and relatives, make your mom cry, be the reason you’re called a screw up and be the reason for your so called “failure of a life”. Reality is harsh but it’s even harsher when you wasted all these years in school for nothing, no diploma, and no recognition. And it’s all because you were lazy and maybe didn’t feel like going to class, or didn’t feel like doing your homework that night. It’s the little decision and choices that at the time didn’t matter but ultimately affect you in the end.

I got here, meaning into Cyber High because I’m one of those kids, who just doesn’t like class, and when I don’t want to go, I won’t. I prefer to lie out on the grass and enjoy the sunshine than sit in an old smelly class listening to a boring teacher talk about an even more uninteresting subject that I know all there is to know and more. It’s not like not intelligent. I just happen to be 15 in my senior year of high school. I started elementary school a year early, and even at that I was bored in class, doing better than most of the 5th graders while I was in 4th grade, so I just proceeded onto middle school along with the upper classmen. Sometimes my age gets the way, and I’m tired of being maturing, being responsible, and being an adult, when I’m not. I’m barely a teenager and I don’t get to act like one. I get fed up with having to grow up faster than needed, so sometimes I take time off to be a kid, and it the end it screws me over.

I guess I hope to achieve how to be mature without having to give up what I really want, and understand that sometimes you have to act older than you really are, and even though you don’t like it, you have all the time in the world later to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment