Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being in Cyber High - Daniel Sanchez

You know how they say, “Just go to school, get good grades, and do not fail.” These words will not get in to 13 year olds head that easily. The school needs to emphasize the importance on how much it is to fail and how it affects you. Coming into my freshman year I was unprepared, not focused, and ignorant. No one was there to strictly lay the lines that I need to pass every single class or else I would have to retake them in the future. That’s why I am in a Cyber High, because I failed about 3 classes that year, slacking off and not attending.
I was highly unaware what I was doing to my high school plan. Not giving any interest if I were to graduate or not. Day by day would pass by not going to class, either appearing there tardy or just not going at all and hanging out in the PE area. Looking back at my freshman year, reminiscing on my immature ways, is all a blur and absurdity. I’m not proud of what I did but let it be a lesson to all other kids. I failed Geometry, English 1, PE, and History valuable classes and semesters which I could have gotten out of the way. I was very much naïve. Now here I am in Cyber High, senior year trying to redo all that I have done. Correcting my mistakes but it is all part of growing up. I was a little boy.

This senior year I’ve grown up and am absolutely different from when I came in freshman year. Simple antics that I used to do back then are no longer in my mind. Such things I find stupid and unnecessary like cracking a joke when it’s silent. I talked when a teacher was lecturing. Not focusing on what I was supposed to do. My motto for life now from these past experiences is to “Do whatchu gotta do.” which means do what you have to do. From this motto I do the right things for my life and later once I finish I can relax and have fun. On the other hand that wasn’t the case in 9th grade.

Cyber High this year is going to be such a life saver for me. Where else can I find a program that helps me retake classes, two subjects at a time, and once finished with them add a couple more. This class is my only hope left to graduate. I’m going to take advantage of this opportunity and take as many classes as I need to finish the missing elective and other subject credits that I need. Hopefully this year will go on smoothly because I am focused, determined, and driven. Nothing can stop me from graduating. For the whole year I’m going to sit by myself read, write, and learn because succeeding is the only right way to go and I can’t look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment