Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being in Cyber High - Sequoyah Thomas

I am in cyber high because, I am missing credits and have some unacceptable grades. I was placed in a class that I didn’t belong in such as, AP US history. I was stuck in that class for one whole semester, failing and falling short of credits. This had happened because, my mother was under the impression that I wasn’t putting forth enough effort but, what she didn’t know was that that was the hardest class I had ever took in my life. So much time was wasted because of this but, later after a very frustrating conversation with my mother and the teacher, I was finally able to get to where I needed to be. Unfortunately, this is what got me into cyber high. I also have a few things to make-up from the pass. I also got into a lot of riff-raff last school year and I wasn’t focused on what really mattered, school. I was worried about other insignificant things that probably won’t matter in the future, my mind wasn’t in the right place. I had little focus on school, grades, and my future. And I didn’t put in much effort to school. When my parents put my fun to a stop earlier that year and with my loved ones worried about my education, I realized that I needed to make a change; a friend of mine suggested that I join cyber high. My first thought was, “what the heck is cyber high, and how will this help me with my situation.” I was then informed that cyber high is made for students that need help recovering credits. It was like I found the light to brighten my future. I was then on a pathway to success. But on my road to success I came around a dreadful turn, school was about to end in a couple weeks and I wasn’t even half way done. Luckily a fellow administrator suggested that I get cyber at home. And I was back the road.

It was then the end of the school year, summertime had just begun and I was moving along smoothly, until I hit a lump in the road. My cyber high browser was down. I didn’t know what to do. I thought my trip was cut short when a rumor was circulating that the school wasn’t going to have cyber high this year. I just couldn’t believe my luck with below average grades and lack of credits, with no way to make it all up. But I recently learned I was wrong and that my luck had changed, my senior year began and I had cyber high as a class. I was back on the road to success.

In this class I hope to boost my low grades and credits and I hope for this to get me right! Although I am not completely aware of how many credits I am missing, I am confident that I will be able to achieve my goals and gradute in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment