Friday, September 2, 2011

Heros - Ashia Johnson


A lot of people admire and look up to celebrities. Someone I admire, look up to and respect is my mother. I look up to my mother because she is my superwoman. For my entire life my mom was always there for me. My mother isn’t judgmental at all, I can talk to her about anything and she’ll still love me. Although my father was there for me growing up, my mother was there 24/7. I respect my mom for having two jobs, 3 kids, and still being able to manage to go back to college.

I admire my mother because she is everything, she’s my everything. My mother is a doctor, teacher, friend, preacher, cook, and even a father at times. Growing up my father wasn’t always there physically and that’s what made me cling to my mother. I really respect my mom for not giving up even though my dad wasn’t around; she kept pushing. My mom saw my grandmother struggle so my mom was determined to make sure my siblings and I had everything we need. I can honestly say my brother, sister and I never wanted for anything.

I admire my mom for simply being the lady that she is. My mom had her first child when she was 18, even that didn’t stop her. After my mom had my older brother she went right back to school, she studied at San Jose State for a degree in business. My mom graduated from SJSU in 1987. I know that had to take some real dedication to do what she did. I admire my mom for teaching me how to be an independent young lady, never to depend on anyone for anything. I admire my mother because she taught me that if I want something done right, I’d have to do it myself, and to this day that saying sticks with me.

I can honestly say that I would love to be as great of a woman as my mother is. Smart, independent, and sophisticated. Through hardships she never let anything hold her back. Even having a child at a young age didn’t stop my mom and I really respect that. I know a lot of young girls who simply just stop going to school because they had kids. When I have my own kids I want to be a good mother like my mom is. I want my kids to know that I am a great mother because their grandmother taught how to be a good mother. I will always respect and admire my mother. J

No comments:

Post a Comment