Monday, September 12, 2011

Pets- Merecedes Lefiti

I think children should be given a pet to prove their worthiness. I know I’ve gone through a couple of pets through my whole lifetime; like 50 goldfish and 1 hamster. Obviously we all know fish don’t live that long so that’s how I had so many fish. The cause of my hamster’s death was it got out of its cage; my dad got frightened by it, picks it up, and threw it at the wall. He didn’t tell me he killed until a couple years ago. The only close pet I’ve ever had ever since is my grandparent’s dog but the whole thing is I’m allergic to pet dander and the dog sheds an enormous amount of hair each day. My mom’s boyfriend tried to get us a cat and my mom said, “Hell no!” and that was the end of that. But as far as responsibility wise I think little kids should at least experience the feeling of having a pet at least once in their lifetime to get a feel of some sort of responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment