Friday, September 2, 2011

That’s What I Call Talent -Brittney Akins

I truly admire people who have talent. I’m really attracted to people with talent. I’m really good at drawing and coloring even though I’ve never had any lessons and I’m really good at acting. I believe people with talent have a certain something about them that makes them interesting.

I really love to hang around talented people. Almost everyone I hang out with has a certain talent. My friend Nancy plays the clarinet and is in marching band. My friend marquis is good at making people laugh. My friend michala is a D.P. dancer who has a lot of spunk. I just enjoy the company of people with talent.

Guys with talent are extremely sexy, especially when they play a sport and have an athletic body. Most girls would tell you the same thing. I don’t necessarily like guys with talent just because they have a nice body, but because they have talent and that makes them interesting. People with no talent are boring. It’s like they have nothing to bring to the table. I believe everyone is good at something, but to me talent is more than being good. It’s being good at something and having that little something extra that makes you special. I can’t describe what it is… but I just know it’s there. It’s kind of like the difference between Kobe Bryant and Matt Barnes. Kobe has talent, but Matt Barnes is just good. I don’t know if that makes since or not. My talent isn’t my way with words. But I know for sure that talent is something special that I admire. It’s something beautiful. No matter if your creative, athletic, dramatic, flexible, smart, or just extremely skilled, it’s talent that makes me admire you. It’s Talent that makes you interesting. Talent that makes me attracted to you. It’s Talent that makes.

Talent is something effortless. It’s not something you learn it’s something you’re born with and something you can’t get rid of. I think talent is in your soul. I guess that’s the special thing that makes talent different from just being good at something.

Sometimes being talented isn’t going to get you anywhere in life. You have to know the right people. I hate that talent no matter matters. Beyonce and usher got to where they are because of talent. Lil Wayne and Michael Jackson got to where they are because of talent. Some people struggled to get where they are like Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean. But the rest like Kim Kardashin and the Asian guy from American idol who can’t sing for shit, they got famous because of luck. Some people are just lucky and that has nothing to do with talent.

I admire people who have talent, who have that gift, not people who are just lucky… or ‘good’. I admire people like the performing arts kids at skyline high. I admire people like the volleyball team at skyline high. I admire people like the basketball team at skyline high… That’s What I Call Talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment