Friday, September 2, 2011

My Summer - Silvano Quinonez

Usually my summer breaks are very dull and boring, but to my astonishment this summer was one to remember. My summer started out with a surprise trip to Yosemite two days after school ended. It was pleasant experience. My father and I started out walking the trails and seeing the sights there were to see. After the hike, my mother and sister meet up with us at the campgrounds where we unpacked all of the food and tents. I started to build the tents, my mother prepared the food, and my father and sister were playing soccer in an open field. Later in the day, we all came together to eat sandwiches my mom had made, drink some apple juice we bought at the store up the street, and lay in the sun for the rest of the day. After we ate, we all went to sleep in the tents I made. The next morning, we packed up and went home. I would do it again if I could.

After I came home, I rested for about a week until I got a phone call from a friend of mine asking me if I would go to a party he was going to have. The party was going to be in the afternoon, so I said why not. Around 6 o’clock I started getting dressed, the party was at 7 so I had some time to get ready. I got to his house around 6:45, five people were already there. Everybody else came around 7:25 and the party started. I meet new people that invited me to more parties. I was having a good time, until the power went out and he had to stop the party. It ended around 11:30. My ride was coming in a few minutes, so I decided to help clean up. That night I went home happy, I made some new friends, got invited to other parties, it went well.

A month went by with nothing else to do but sit around the house and chill. All I could do was think about what my classes were going to be in the upcoming school year. It drove me crazy just thinking about it. I had to get out of the house, so I went to the mall up the street to clear my mind. I got bored and called up some friends of mine to see if they can hang out. They told me they were at the movies and asked me if can go with them. I had nothing else to do, so I decided to go. When I got there, my friends were waiting for me outside and asked “What took you so long?” I told them about the Bart riots that were going on. They understood why I got there late and so we went in to the movie theater. We ended up seeing 5 movies, and played in the arcade for about an hour. That was basically my summer, well the most exiting parts, as I said my summers were usually, this was the best summer I have ever had so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment