Monday, August 29, 2011

My Summer - Mindy Quach

My summer didn’t consist of much; however, I did have some good indelible moments. This was the first summer out of my whole entire 16 years of life that I didn’t go out of town on some sort of vacation, whether it be a simple family visit in Los Angeles or somewhere further, like Hawai’i. Usually, I’d be bummed about this but this time I was surprisingly okay with it. My house is getting renovated, and I understand that money is tight so plane tickets to Hawai’i aren’t exactly within my family’s budget right now. I had other things to keep myself busy!

5 weeks out of my summer I attended summer school, I had to make up a D I got in Geometry from my freshman year, so that blew, but it wasn’t so bad! I had friends that also needed to make up credits so I wasn’t in some sort of strange school with no friends. Besides school, I didn’t have much to do at all really. Besides dealing with Leadership planning, I mostly rocked out at home enjoying time to myself. Of course I hung out with some friends and spent a lot of time with my boyfriend but those are regular activities. I can’t remember a distinct day or week that I can tell someone about and call it the highlight of my summer. That sounds super depressing but I don’t mean for it to be at all, for the most part you can define my summer as relaxed and lazy. It was something I needed to prepare myself for my senior year in high school.

I wouldn’t say it was unproductive either, I spent a lot of time thinking about college and deciding what I’d want to do with myself after I graduate. And I must say, the best part of my summer was having a 2 hour meeting with Mr. Trinh sorting out everything I need to get done this school year. Before talking to him it hadn’t really hit me yet that I need to be on my hustle this year, as ASB president. He was extremely helpful, he talked me through college admissions, and he informed me about what each college I wanted to apply to was like and what they could offer me. It was so refreshing to have a million questions in my head and have him answer them for me on the spot. Before speaking to him I was so stressed out, missing credits and all (hence, being in this class). But now I’m so much more motivated to finish what I need to do in here and get on with it!

So although I can’t say I did anything fun or exciting this summer, I’m still happy to be able to say that planning my future and getting ready for it was so worth not being able to do any of that. I’m happy with simply just hanging out with friends having simple beach days!

By the way…..I really enjoyed this assignment, just thought you should know.

1 comment:

  1. College comes so fast! Freshmen think that it's a million years away, but before they know it...

    Where are you thinking about going to college? Do you have any idea about what you would like to study / major in?

    ReplyDelete